September 12, 1923

My dearest Mari,

My, but you do go on about those children of yours! I do love them, really, but can you imagine if I had my own children by now? The oldest would be six, perhaps seven years old. It gives me shivers just thinking about it. William had wanted us to have children — I am glad that never came to be. How in the world would I have time to go out on the town with the girls?

I am as busy as ever, not only at night (and how!) but with managing William’s money. It is not as hard as everyone said it would be; however, it is far more time consuming than I had imagined. William had many financial advisors, who seem to think they are now mine and who wish me to purchase stocks and bonds. You know how I would prefer to use the money! I am trying to learn as I go, but I am beginning to wonder if it is time I got a financial advisor of my own.

It has been too long since we last saw each other, darling sister. Perhaps I will drive up to Connecticut next month. It ought to be lovely this time of year, what with the leaves changing.

All my love,
Cati

No comments: